Thursday, June 4, 2015

Fertilizer? and first time yard

In our town house we never had to work in the yard.  "We chose to do a few things."  (patio pavers Which I will share with you this summer)  However, I know pretty much NOTHING when it comes to a yard.
We just got our GRASS 2 months ago and there is still so much to learn.

When the grass was first installed I thought, ok hubby mows it and I forget about it..... It looked like this for a few months...

BUT NOW.  It looks like this.


Not bad, but getting patchy and not sure what to do. This is when a very un educated yard person asks her father in law for help.  I get to learn about fertilizer.

Growing up my dad always had someone take care of the yard so I NEVER even thought about it.
WOW people are VERY opinionated and as they should be.  I like to think of myself as somewhat green, (ie cloth diapers hippy here) but not perfect.  I have learned ALOT.
This is my favorite description of what to use and why.

That being said I will be using some Chemical Fertilizers this week to give my grass some MUCH needed food and hoping to get the spots less splotchy and beautiful green!

I totally LOVE Home Depot, that is MY hardware store! :D I'm planning to stop by there tonight after work and pick this up!
ScottsHandy Green II 1,000 sq. ft. Handheld SpreaderScotts5,000 sq. ft. Turf Builder Weed and Feed Zero Phosphorus Fertilizer


















For the Grass and
Preen5.625 lb. Weed Preventer Plant Food Bottle Case
For my Garden!  I hope to get some mulch next week and the yard will be :S DONE? 

What are you doing in your yard to get it up and ready for summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment