I AM NOT A HEALTH NUT!!! Not at all!! I love sugar cereal, mac and cheese, and a good ol' fashioned full fat Hamburger with french fries. However, that doesn't mean I don't try to be healthy. Every year I think as a new year resolution. I want to be healthier! I have never been overweight, but that doesn't mean that I eat well or exercise enough!
My amazing sister had this challenge that one of her colleges started. It;s called The Ultimate Health Challenge! It is 10 weeks of focusing on a few highlights of health. My sis has always been a great inspiration about how to eat and how to live a healthy life. She now has shared her knowledge and this week I want to share all about it and other healthy living things I like to look into.
This is prob no big SHOCK to anyone there are certain things we all can do to be healthier. We all know them, I love studying money for the same reason.
Health: Eat well and exercise. Money: spend less then you make!
THE ULTIMATE HEALTH CHALLENGE
Challenge has a total of 100 eligible points each week for following categories
Exercise: 35 points
- 1 pt for 15 min of exercise up to 20 pts.
- 1 pt for 30 min of exercise up to 5 more.
- 5 pts for mix of 30 min cardio, 30 min Strength and 30 min flexibility.
- 5 pts for exercising at least 3x this week
Water: 7 points
- 1 pt each day for drinking 40% of body weight.
Sleep: 14 points
- 1 pt for min of 7 hr of sleep each night
- 1 pt for going to bed before 11 on weeknights and 12 on weekends
Healthy Eating: 40 points
- 5 pts per day for servings of fruits and veggies
- 2 bonus points for having 2 fruits and 2 veggies mix.
- 3 bonus points for having different types of fruits and veggies.
Personal Goal: 4 points
- any goal you pick
- week 1: take pills every day
- week 2: Eat Breakfast
- week 3: work motivation
- week 4: Green smoothie (I'll post about that this week too))
Negative Points: max -25 per day
- -1 Small Sweet
- -1 Small Fat
- -3 Empty calorie soft drink/caffeine
- -4 Large Sweet
- -5 Large Fat
My sis got a bunch of us together to make this happen and we are now starting week 5. So far my scores have been the following.
Week 1: 43
Week 2: 66
Week 3: 67
Week 4: 51
My goal for this challenge is just to get better each week! It didn't happen this last week, but this week I will recover!
I don't own a scale, so I have been weighing myself each week when I take my Liam to swimming lessons. I know at the start of April I was at 149 lbs. Now starting week 5 I'm down to 144lbs. Not a huge transformation. But I'm good with a lb a week for not doing much different other then being aware of what I should be doing.