Monday, June 29, 2015

Healthy Week! UHC: Ultimate Health Challenge

I have decided for the "WAIT NO MORE" challenge this week, I'm going to adjust it to fit what I really need.  For me right now that is food and heath! So this week i'm gonna dedicate it to that!

I AM NOT A HEALTH NUT!!! Not at all!! I love sugar cereal, mac and cheese, and a good ol' fashioned full fat Hamburger with french fries.   However, that doesn't mean I don't try to be healthy. Every year I think as a new year resolution.  I want to be healthier!  I have never been overweight, but that doesn't mean that I eat well or exercise enough!
Image result for healthy image

My amazing sister had this challenge that one of her colleges started.  It;s called The Ultimate Health Challenge!  It is 10 weeks of focusing on a few highlights of health.  My sis has always been a great inspiration about how to eat and how to live a healthy life.  She now has shared her knowledge and this week I want to share all about it and other healthy living things I like to look into.
Image result for fruit and veggies image

This is prob no big SHOCK to anyone there are certain things we all can do to be healthier.  We all know them, I love studying money for the same reason.
Health: Eat well and exercise. Money: spend less then you make!  

THE ULTIMATE HEALTH CHALLENGE
Challenge has a total of 100 eligible points each week for following categories
Exercise: 35 points 
  • 1 pt for 15 min of exercise up to 20 pts. 
  • 1 pt for 30 min of exercise up to 5 more.  
  • 5 pts for mix of 30 min cardio, 30 min Strength and 30 min flexibility.  
  • 5 pts for exercising at least 3x this week

Water: 7 points 
  • 1 pt each day for drinking 40% of body weight.

Sleep: 14 points
  • 1 pt for min of 7 hr of sleep each night
  • 1 pt for going to bed before 11 on weeknights and 12 on weekends

Healthy Eating:  40 points
  • 5 pts per day for servings of fruits and veggies
  • 2 bonus points for having 2 fruits and 2 veggies mix. 
  • 3 bonus points for having different types of fruits and veggies. 

Personal Goal: 4 points 
  • any goal you pick 
    • week 1: take pills every day 
    • week 2: Eat Breakfast
    • week 3: work motivation  
    • week 4: Green smoothie (I'll post about that this week too))

Negative Points: max -25 per day
  • -1 Small Sweet
  • -1 Small Fat
  • -3 Empty calorie soft drink/caffeine
  • -4 Large Sweet
  • -5 Large Fat

My sis got a bunch of us together to make this happen and we are now starting week 5.  So far my scores have been the following. 
Week 1: 43 
Week 2: 66 
Week 3: 67 
Week 4: 51
My goal for this challenge is just to get better each week! It didn't happen this last week, but this week I will recover! 
I don't own a scale, so I have been weighing myself each week when I take my Liam to swimming lessons.  I know at the start of April I was at 149 lbs.  Now starting week 5 I'm down to 144lbs.  Not a huge transformation.  But I'm good with a lb a week for not doing much different other then being aware of what I should be doing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment