Friday, May 29, 2015

Rocking chairs

BEFORE
AFTER

Ever since we moved in I have wanted chairs for our porch. I started looking and fell in love with these beautiful ones.

Charlottetown Natural All-Weather Wicker Patio Rocking Chair with Quarry Red Cushion


However they also come with a lovely price tag we can't afford at this time.
So I searched our local Craig's list and found these.

They were priced at $150 each. Once again way over our budget so I watched them. On day 16 I decided to. Text and offer. $100 for both. They took it, but they were moving soon so I needed to get them ASAP.
I drive a cute little honda civic so this is what I got to do. 
One chair in the trunk.
One in the front seat!
I could only use gear 2 and 4 but I got them home!

On my porch and the beautiful chairs.

No shock, I decided to paint the white one. 
Not a fan of the colors!


Beautiful!!! :)

I used about 3 cans total of
Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch 2X12 oz. Satin Dark Walnut General Purpose Spray Paint
Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch 2X 12 oz. Satin Dark Walnut General Purpose Spray Paint

I love the color difference!
I bought the new coushins from home goods with the help of my little men.
Liam picked the "Give Hugs" pillow, and ewan just wanted the tags of them!

Total Break Down
-Buying from HD: $139x2=
TOTAL  $288 
               VS
-Chairs local = $100, 
- 3 cans spray paint = $12
-Pillows 2@ $11 = $22
-Cushions $42
TOTAL: $176

Not a huge savings but defiantly a fun project! 

What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment